This is one of our signature courses!
With experience in working within the Hazardous Area Response Team, ParamedicsRus staff are specialists in providing healthcare for those affected by chemical exposure. Also, immediate treatment for non-chemical hazards such as exposure to radiation, lasers and carcinogens can be taught.
Common chemicals & hazards used within your organization can be incorporated into the delivered content. The founder of ParamedicsRus also has experience as a registered Radiation Protection Supervisor and Chemical, Radiological, Biological, Nuclear & Explosive (CBRNe) Bronze commander. Therefore, we have a wealth of knowledge which is utilized during delivery.
This 4 hour, live – online course fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation and will be delivered by registered paramedics who have taught Paramedic Sciences in Higher Education. The staff delivering this course also have experience in working in Hazardous Area Response Teams, so are trained in dealing with casualties who are affected by CBRNE exposure.
The suggested course content is as follows:
- Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe.
- Immediately manage minor chemical injuries from caustics, acids & alkalis.
- Immediately manage minor injuries from hydrofluoric acid and phosphates.
- Immediately manage minor chemical splashes to the eyes.
- Immediately manage the inhalation of chemicals.
- Understand the management of a patient who is in shock.
- Immediately manage liquid nitrogen burns.
- Understand the value and limitations of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report adverse events and understand the follow up process.
To further tailor this to your needs, we can alter this content so that it only include the specific chemicals commonly used by your staff.
On the given date, ParamedicsRus staff will open the Zoom. Attendees are welcomed & registered.
Live presentations will then be delivered over Zoom by ParamedicsRus staff. Questions and discussions will be facilitated, and demonstrations given. Break-out rooms can be utilised for group discussion, along with anonymous polls and the use of other interactive content.
To pass this course, attendees will need to be deemed competent in all of the topics, so there will be a multiple choice question paper at the end of the session. Following completion of this, attendees will be emailed their certification and asked to complete course evaluations.