This is one of our signature courses!
With experience in working within the Hazardous Area Response Team, ParamedicsRus staff are specialists in providing healthcare for those affected by chemical exposure. Also, immediate treatment for non-chemical hazards such as exposure to radiation, lasers and carcinogens can be taught.
Common chemicals & hazards used within your organization can be incorporated into the delivered content. The founder of ParamedicsRus also has experience as a registered Radiation Protection Supervisor and Chemical, Radiological, Biological, Nuclear & Explosive (CBRNe) Bronze commander. Therefore, we have a wealth of knowledge which is utilized during delivery.
This course fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid). Typically Chemical first aid courses can be delivered in half a day, but longer, more detailed courses are available on request.
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
1. Perform Basic Life Support of an adult
2. Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
3. Manage a choking patient
4. Perform the recovery position
5. Immediately manage minor chemical injuries
6. Immediately manage minor injuries from Hydrofluoric acid
7. Immediately manage minor chemical splashes to the eyes
8. Immediately manage the inhalation of chemicals
9. Understand the management of a patient who is in shock
10. Immediately manage needle-stick injuries
11. Understand the value and limitations of Personal Protective Equipment
12. Report adverse events and understand the follow-up process