This Emergency First Aid at Work course is specifically designed for the target audience. It enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill whilst at work.
It fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid).
By the end of this 1-day course, you should be able to…
- Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
- Perform Basic Life Support of an adult using mouth to mouth, a bag valve mask & basic airway adjuncts
- Apply and use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) safely
- Manage a choking patient
- Manage an unconscious patient & the recovery position
- Manage a fitting patient
- Display knowledge of the importance of preventing cross-infection
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- Display actions to take following a clinical incident
Suggested 1 day course itinerary:
Sessions will mainly be classroom orientated but with practical demonstrations and instruction throughout.
- Session 1 09:00-10:30 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:45 hrs (1 hr lunch)
- Session 3 13:45 – 15:15 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 4 15:30 – 17:00 hrs
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so session 4 will be the assessment session.