This is one of our signature courses!
With experience in working within the Hazardous Area Response Team, ParamedicsRus staff are specialists in providing healthcare for those exposed to industrial injuries. We have experience in dealing with mechanical entrapment, crush injuries, high pressure injection injuries, molten metal and much more.
With experience working in Higher Education we will use current, evidence based practice and literature to support our delivery.
As with all of our courses, this course will be tailor made to your organisations specific requirements. Our Management team will ask you some questions concerning the hazards within your workplace (a free of charge, site visit is recommended to ascertain a true picture of the risks involved). A bespoke itinerary will then be created and sent for your inspection. When you are happy with the content, we will come to site and deliver the course to an exceptional standard.
This course will be made to fully meet the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid). Typically Industrial first aid courses can be delivered in one day, but longer, more detailed courses are available on request.
By the end of this session, you should be able to:
1. Perform Basic Life Support of an adult
2. Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
3. Manage a choking patient
4. Perform the recovery position
5. Immediately manage industrial injuries specifically for your environment
6. Provide an effective handover to emergency staff
7. Understand the emergency response which your staff might expect
8. Understand the value and limitations of Personal Protective Equipment and safe working
9. Report adverse events and understand the follow-up process
Suggested 1 day course itinerary:
Sessions will mainly be classroom orientated but with practical demonstrations, scenarios and instruction throughout.
- Session 1 09:00-10:30 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:45 hrs (1 hr lunch)
- Session 3 13:45 – 15:15 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 4 15:30 – 17:00 hrs
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so session 4 will be the assessment session.