ParamedicsRus are used to working outside. Our staff have extensive experience in providing out-of-hospital medical treatment in remote, or poorly accessible areas.
This outdoor/remote first aid course is specifically designed for the target audience. It fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid). Typically outdoor/remote first aid courses can be delivered in one day, but longer, more detailed courses are available on request.
By the end of this 1-day course, you should be able to:
1. Understand ways to locate the casualty and send for help.
2. Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
3. Control major haemorrhage
4. Perform Basic Life Support of an adult using mouth to mouth, a bag valve mask & basic airway adjuncts
5. Apply and use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) safely
6. Manage a choking adult
7. Manage an unconscious adult & the recovery position
8. Manage common outdoor injuries
9. Understand environmental factors & methods to help prevent deterioration
10. Deliver an effective handover and be-brief others
Suggested 1 day course itinerary:
Sessions will mainly be based outdoors in a location to suit the target audience with practical demonstrations and instruction throughout.
- Session 1 09:00-10:30 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:45 hrs (1 hr lunch)
- Session 3 13:45 – 15:15 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 4 15:30 – 17:00 hrs
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so session 4 will be the assessment session.