This sports trauma and immobilisation course is specifically designed for the target audience.
It fully meets the Health and Safety Executive legislation (www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid).
By the end of this 1-day course, you should be able to:
1. Identify scene danger & keep yourself safe
2. Perform Basic Life Support of an adult using mouth to mouth, a bag valve mask & basic airway adjuncts
3. Apply and use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) safely
4. Manage a choking adult
5. Manage an unconscious adult & the recovery position
6. Understanding and manage sports-related injuries
7. Perform immobilisation techniques
Suggested 1 day course itinerary:
Sessions will mainly be classroom orientated but with practical demonstrations and instruction throughout.
- Session 1 09:00-10:30 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:45 hrs (1 hr lunch)
- Session 3 13:45 – 15:15 hrs (15 min break)
- Session 4 15:30 – 17:00 hrs
To pass this course and gain certification attendees will each need to be deemed as competent in all of the topics, so session 4 will be the assessment session.